The Motel Safari is a small business run exclusively by its owner/operator. The property is a lovingly restored mid-century modern motel. Our policies are in place to protect the integrity of the motel and to ensure a great stay for all our guests.
We are located in the MOUNTAIN TIME ZONE. Westbound travelers will gain one hour when crossing from Texas to New Mexico. Please plan your arrival time accordingly.
We typically are unable to take phone calls from 10:00am to 3:00pm MOUNTAIN TIME. This is valued time that we require for personal needs, administrative duties, and preparation for the evening ahead.
By booking a room with us, you are acknowledging and agreeing to these terms.
- A valid driver's license and credit card is required at check-in.
- CHECK-IN begins at 3:00pm MOUNTAIN TIME. Early check-ins are allowed only with advance approval. To maintain our high standards, we are typically preparing for the day's arrivals up to open time. If you arrive early, please explore the town or enjoy our patio area.
- CHECK-IN ends promptly at 10:00pm MOUNTAIN TIME. We do NOT allow late check-ins. The Motel Safari is a small motor court, and late arrivals are disruptive to our guests already settled in for the evening. Please allow some cushion with your travel time when booking.
- CHECK-OUT ends at 10:00am MOUNTAIN TIME. Later check-outs must be approved in advance or are otherwise subject to an additional fee of $25 up to the first hour, plus $10 any additional hour(s).
- PETS: We do NOT allow pets, nor are they allowed to be left overnight in a vehicle. There's plenty of pet-friendly lodging in Tucumcari; please do not sneak them into our rooms. ***If any sign is detected upon check-out that a pet has been in a guest room, the guest(s) will be subject to a $100 cleaning fee.
- SMOKING: All guest rooms are NON-SMOKING. This includes cigarettes, cigars, marijuana, e-cigarettes, and vaping. Ashtrays are provided outside guest rooms and on the patio for cigarette smoking. Please note that smoking marijuana is prohibited on the property. ***If any sign is detected upon check-out that our smoking policy has been abused in a guest room, the guest(s) will be subject to a $100 cleaning fee. If the room is deemed unusable for any number of nights due to resulting odors, additional compensation will apply.
- PARKING: The Safari is a u-shaped, one-level motor court with parking available directly in front of each guest room. There is also ample parking for trailers and larger trucks, though we do ask that you please let us know in advance if you will require extra space for your vehicle(s).
- BOOKING: As an owner-operated motel, we do not have a 24/7 staffed front desk, so we greatly appreciate those guests who are able to book with us directly online through our website. If you prefer to call, please do so during our office hours of 7:00-10:00am or 3:00-10:00pm MOUNTAIN TIME.
- DISCOUNTS: Due to ever increasing operating costs, we have temporarily stopped offering discounts. Instead we are aiming to keep our rates as low as possible for all our valued guests. We appreciate your understanding in these challenging times.
- CANCELLATIONS: Any cancellation must be requested prior to 3:00pm MOUNTAIN TIME one day in advance of the scheduled arrival date. Any cancellation after the deadline will be charged 100%, though any subsequent night charges will be waived. Any no-show is automatically considered a cancellation, and the room will be charged 100%. We ask that groups and special events please notify us of cancellation three weeks prior to arrival date.
- KEY RETURN: Upon check-out, please return room key to the front desk or to the drop box located near the office. If key is not returned, guest(s) will be charged $25 to re-key the room's locks.
- INCIDENTALS: All guest rooms are inventoried upon check-out. Missing, damaged or destroyed items or fixtures will be subject to a charge based on the replacement value of item and/or cost of repair.
Please note that the Motel Safari is occasionally closed. Shopping is quite limited in Tucumcari, so we take off one day each month to make a necessary out-of-town supply run. We also close on some holidays, take a short break in late August, and close the month of February. We regret if we miss you during these times but hope to host you on your next visit.
For any other inquiries or further clarification, please contact us.